It's that time of year!
Who gets a 1099-Misc?
When are they due?
Wait, what do I do?
For therapists, this means:
- your supervisor
- your therapist
- your consultation group leader if you pay them
- the therapist you sublet from
- your landlord if they are an LLC and not a S-Corp
- your lawyer who drew up your paperwork
- your web designer (if they are an LLC or DBA)
- your housekeeper (if you paid more than $600 to them in the year)
The best habit is to just get the 1099 as soon as you start the relationship. That way you will know if they are a DBA, LLC, or S-Corp based on what they fill out.
You can get a W9 here.
Remember, this is for your business, not for personal expenses.
The easiest way to do this on your own is to use a service is Track1099 found here. You just enter the information from the W9 and then the total you paid from Quickbooks and it will email it out. It's AWESOME and easy.